Need an easy weeknight dinner? Let’s learn how to make meatloaf!
I created a video showing how easy it is to cook this quintessential comfort food. Get these ingredients together, set up YouTube in your kitchen and make this meatloaf along with me.
Homemade Meatloaf (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
Author: Jenny Swain, NTP
This recipe is flexible! Adjust the vegetables and seasonings to your taste preference. Cooking time varies; therefore, be sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure it is cooked thoroughly.
- 2 T. oil (avocado, olive or coconut)
- 1.5 C. vegetables of your choice, chopped finely (examples: onions, bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower)
- ½ T. sea salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 eggs
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. dried parsley
- ½ t. black pepper
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Add oil to skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Sauté vegetables in oil until tender. Note: add vegetables to the skillet based on the time it takes to soften them. Hard vegetables would go first, followed later by softer ones.
- While cooking, season with ½ T. sea salt and 1 t. black pepper.
- When tender, set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add ground beef and ground turkey to a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, cooled vegetables and next six seasonings.
- Using your hands, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place meatloaf mixture into loaf pan and shape with hands.
- Set timer and cook for 45 minutes.
- When time goes off, pour the excess grease out of loaf pan and pour the can of diced tomatoes over the top.
- Cook for another 45 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted in middle registers 165 degrees.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.